From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1992 08:59:49 EST
I don't have any long story or box scores from the BG-Miami series (the
in-laws were in town). I can summarize in 3 words: BG WAS AWFUL.

They returned to their ten-cent work ethic that led them to a 2-7-1 start.
They were totally out-manned by a much-improved Miami squad. The Redskins
certainly don't belong among the top 4 of the CCHA, but they showed that
if you try hard as a team, you can beat a bunch of individuals.

Friday, the score was 6-1 in the third period before BG decided to make
it interesting and cut it to 6-4. An empty-netter made it a 7-4 final.

Saturday, the BG offense was non-existent, getting only 17 shots on
the Miami net. Miami won 3-1 at home.

To put the disastrous weekend in perspective, this was the first time
in the 13-year history of Miami-BG matchups that the Redksins have
swept the Falcons.

BG's awesome play against Michigan and MSU were wiped out in 1 weekend.
Instead of sweeping the Redskins and sitting alone in 5th, they are
back in 8th. They still might not make the play-offs!

Tonight, the Falcons host Michigan again. The game will be part of the
25th anniversary celebration for the ice arena. We shall see if BG can
get psyched up for a top-notch opponent.