From:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 22:17:04 -0800
Hi there...
I noticed that last night's cornell-princeton and tonight's vermont
-clarkson games went into ot.. and extended OTs. I had thought that if OT
was required in first 2 games, it would be a 5 minute OT session (as in the
regular season), and if the score remained tied, both teams got 1 point.
However, if the 3rd game was tied at the end of regulation, then they
played 20 minute OT periods until a winner was decided.

So it appears that the winner  of the ECAC quarterfinal series is no longer
the "first team to 3 points", but rather first team to win 2 games, and
that each quarterfinal game must have a winner. Is this a recent change?
just curious in hockey purgatory...

Rita Monde
Trinity College 1991
Cornell University 2000