Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 16:41:05 EST
In a message dated 11/8/00 12:36:12 PM Mid-Atlantic Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I think most of us would be more supportive of the newcomers from the
 MAAC if some of that league's partisans hadn't been subjecting us to
 campaigns for an undeserved at-large bid, pride in being awarded an
 automatic bid for nothing more than not folding after two seasons, and
 ECAC-bashing. >>

I don't think anyone is bashing the ECAC. The fact of the matter is the ECAC
would appear to be the weakest of the Big 4 conferences. It may be anecdotal
but the Quinnipiacs and Niagaras (CHA) and others are getting players that
would otherwise go to ECAC schools.  I also think that a player with serious
aspirations of professional hockey (and a desire to play college hockey)
would probably all things being equal opt for HE or CCHA or WCHA.