From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:16:38 -0500
FYI for anyone interested, Giles Threadgold appears regularly on the Howie Carr
radio talk program, originating in Boston, syndicated in some parts of the
country and also
over the Internet at:  www.wrko.com

Giles appears on occasional Friday afternoons after 5:00 PM eastern
and is apparently on as a foil for Howie, filling in a Foster Brooks-like role.

It is humorous, especially thinking of how I would like to see certain
other retired NC$$ refs in the seat being abused like Howie does to Giles.

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject:      Re: Wakabayashi, Boily, Gray & Wright
>Comments: To: Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Karen/Greg Ambrose wrote:
>
> > For me, just to recall the old curmudgeons who reffed back in the dark
> > ages, guys like Bobby Barry, Jack Garrity and, of course, Gilles
> Threadgold.
> >
>Boy, you're really activating the wayback machine for me.  I remember
>reviling Threadgold as an undergrad.  Meanwhile I was working with Jack
>Garrity who was teaching in Quincy.  I rarely saw him ref since as a BU
>alum he could not ref BU games.
>
>Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]

Dan Doucette

U Maine Hockey wins it all in odd-numbered years !!