From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 12:45:11 -0700
HI All,

I actually managed to watch 95% of all three games.  After the Thurs
games there was some commentary on the "BC bias" in the SLU-BS game... I
must admit, I wasnt listening that closely, in fact, I usually turn the
sound almost off... because most commentators... well, let's just say
they are nt that good.

But on Saturday, I listened for it.... and ...

...all I can say is if Mark Lewin is still HEARING "Hail to the Victors"
then I am still SEEING Doug Flutie's face in my dreams.

Now, nothing against the guy, I respect him as a player and also a
person for the work he does wiht his son ... BUT... my god, I think they
showed him and his wife in the stands about 10 zillion times, and then a
special taped piece with Gionta on being "vertically challenged"  It was
enough to make me barf.. In fact I told my wife, as we started dinner
with about 1 min to go, if they showed him one more time, I would. And
they did, and I didn't (she would have killed me :-)

Anyway... if that is part of the bias, then it sure was obvious. For all
the rest, I am less picky than most I guess and just happy to have a
pretty darned good video feed, and the good slomo repeats. There was one
ND goal, I forget which one, which went thru Clemmensen's five hole, and
they kept saying "he didnt see it, he didnt see it" yet the replay twice
clearly showed him sweeping his stick at it and missing it.... I did not
understand how he could be trying to stop it and not see it :-)

Anyway, great tourney and 4 really good teams.  Time for next year already!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64