From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:37:34 -0500
Thanks Robert and Ed.

Even if there were some validity to the evaluations, what good is having
them in advance?  You're ready to watch the game, and out skates ref X, who
many folks have said is incompetent.  What do you do?  Start formulating
your excuses for losing before the team even skates on the ice?  Say, "Aw
damn, I was going to enjoy this game, but now I know I won't, because the
the reffing will be bad"?  What it will probably do is make you focus on the
ref, and the expectations of bad calls will become a self-fulfilling
prophesy.

Clay