From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:56:18 -0600
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Andrew Weise wrote:

> The decision has come down as to how the ECAC will handle the schedule
> and standings after UVM has cancelled their hockey season. USCHO has
> the details right here:
>
> http://www.uscollegehockey.com/news/ecac/uvmecac.html

The article says
"    The ECAC has asked non-league institutions, specifically Hockey
   East, the MAAC and Army, if they have open dates on which to schedule
   games against ECAC teams affected by any canceled games."

Good luck.

Teams in Hockey East all have various open dates, but they are all already
at the 34-game maximum. What's more, I believe the only non-conference
games left are the Beanpot, so there is no schedule wiggle room here.

In the MAAC, only Quinnipiac and Sacred Heart have a Friday or Saturday off
between now and the end of the season. Both Quinnipiac and Sacred Heart
have room to add one additional game, I believe.
Sacred Heart has Jan. 22nd off. (Cornell now has an open home date there.)
Quinnipiac has the weekend of February 4th & 5th off. (RPI and Union have
open home dates that weekend.)

The CHA is just about as helpful as the others.
Army: only has Feb. 11th off, but they are scheduled to play at Royal
Military College on Feb. 12th. That makes them of little help to Harvard,
who now has the day off. Army currently has 32 games scheduled.
Niagara: Their schedule is full. They have 37 games already.
Wayne State: A possibility. They are a D-II Independent this year, but
join the CHA next year. They have open dates on Jan 28th & 29th, as well as
March 3 & 4, and appear to have scheduling room. On both weekends, Clarkson
& St. Lawrence are the teams with new vacancies. The games in March were
scheduled for the North Country.

Depending on their scheduling limits and rules, it seems to me that
Division III might be the best source for games. The CIAU is a slight
possibility, although the playoffs in the Ontario conference start in
mid-February.

See you later,
John

--
 John Edwards - Carleton (Ont) '96, Manitoba '00 - [log in to unmask]
                  "You're telling me the fun's over?