From:
Karen Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:15:20 -0700
On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, John Whelan wrote:

> Anybody know about this site?  It's got schedules. results, stats,
> standings etc. for all the Men's and Women's D1 and D3 leagues, in
> the same format as ECAC HockeyNet <http://hockey.ecac.com/>.  (They
> were obviously set up by the same person or software.)

It is run by the ECAC, with their online statistics program. This year the
WCHA is participating in it, and so far I'm not too fond of it, at least
from the entering the stats side of it. Last Saturday's game was the first
time we used it for CC, and the crew in the pressbox ended up having to do
things twice. From what I can tell, the online entry has to be done after
the game is over, as it prompts for number of regulation and overtime
periods played, and goals and penalties per period by team. It took me
about an extra half hour to fill out, and we ended up typing up our usual
game summary separately during the game, because that needs to be printed
and copied for the coaches and media immediately after the game. I like
the concept, to have the info readily available for everyone like that,
it's just a bit time consuming for the people inputting the data.

Karen Heasley
Colorado College '95

CC Tiger Hockey Homepage: http://www.ColoradoCollege.edu/Athletics/Hockey/