From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 14:18:51 +0100
Dan Doucette writes:

>G. Ambrose wrote in the past, and you'd better live up to it:
>
>>"Decent men" don't cheat, and then lie to cover it up.
>>

>Perhaps you could fill us all in on the disposition of the criminal
>trespassing charges filed against three New Hampshire hockey players, and
>why did it reach the press more than a month after the incident, and the
>coach knew about it ?

You know Dan, someone pointed you out to me at the Hockey-L dinner but I
didn't want to waste my time talking to you since we obviously would be
speaking on different tracks.  Suffice it to say that anyone who claims
authority in legal matters by invoking the name of the Peabody, MA PD loses
all credibility.

>I'll also quote from earlier posts of yours:
>
>>you obviously don't know me or read my posts because I am very
>>comfortable with the fact that other teams may be better than UNH.  It has
>>been the case, most of the time, for oh these many years.  Now that we have
>>a measure of respectability, I just like to make sure that people realize
>>it.  That's all.
>
>The results from Anaheim and 3-2 over the season prove Maine IS better than
>New Hampshire....your own level of "comfort" seems missing based upon your
>whining of late.

I whine no more than any Maine fan who complained about the large ice
surface at the Whit.  I will admit that it is a bitter pill to swallow,
losing to Maine in the finals.  However I am pretty proud of our team,
first for exceeding all expectations this year and, in the final, coming
back from a two goal deficit and nearly winning the game.

>Another quote of yours:
>
>>And, one more thing, do people think that Walsh will outcoach Umile?
>>

>After Anaheim, the answer is most assuredly YES.

Please.  Maine won the game but do you think they would have with an
average performance from Michaud?  As a matter of fact, do you think that
Maine would have been in the final except  for the fact that Alfie stood on
his head against BC.

>One more quote of yours:
>
>>Not everybody likes Shawn Walsh or how his actions (and those of the
>>school) >denigrated  the game.  He should get over it and just enjoy the
>>sport for what >it is.
>
>Get over this year's results, yourself, Greg...take your own advice.
>
>from Nov. 1997 ---
>
>>My advice Maine fans, don't be defensive, if Shawn is so great shout his
>>attributes to the heavens.  If this is too much for you, then just keep
>>quiet!
>
>I shouted on April 3, 1999.  I shouted real loud, and drowned YOU out.
>
>So, Greg, New Hampshire lost, and Walsh is the coach.  GET OVER IT ~!!
>
>Finally, onto Shawn Walsh --
>
>Beside the personal penalties to Walsh, Maine this season was saddled with
>reduced numbers of scholarships.  And yet, they beat YOUR team for a
>championship.  Imagine that.

I'm pretty impressed that have archived my greatest hits.  Yes, Maine won,
in overtime with their goalie making 46 saves.  As I have said to many, I
will congratulate their players on a fine season, as I hope you will to the
UNH players.  But I will never congratulate Mr. Walsh because he has
bespoiled the sport that I love too much.  And I never will acknowledge the
University of Maine, because they did not have the guts to fire a guy who
deserved to be fired.

See you next year.

Greg Ambrose

P.S.  BTW, don't bother responding, it will be a waste of time since I now
resolve to hit the delete key whenever I see your name.