From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:27:14 -0400
I don't know who you're referring to when you refer to "Minnesota haters."
Do you mean Ralph, who merely asked a question, or do you mean me, because I
made an observation and about their roster is mostly Minnesotan, but has a
few from elsewhere, and characterize it as "healthy mix, still a showcase
for Minnesota hockey"?

I also wonder what your knowledge base of eastern women's hockey is.  It
seems "grassroots" to me.  In fact VERY grassroots, because the foundation
of eastern women's hockey are club teams started by volunteers.  Many of the
volunteers were parents who didn't think their daughters were getting
appropriate development in their local (overwhelmingly boys) program.   They
got no help from any school and often with no help from USA Hockey affiliate
programs.  In fact the mainline USA Hockey affiliates have often been
obstacles, because they competed for ice time.  How is Minnesota women's
hockey more "grassroots?"

Clay