From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:50:37 EDT
Greg,

surely we all should be able to understand that non-traditional hockey areas
have a tougher time building and retaining a sport that is not indigenous to
their region. No natural ice, no tradition except for teams like the Seals
and going way back teams in the late 1800's in San Franciso and LA. Distance
and of course and a lack of man made ice is part of the problem.

The IHL has taken root on the West coast and the NHL is at its saturation
point with three teams. I just feel your past comments seem somewhat
isolationist. Maybe, I'm wrong, but that's how I took it. The addition of
college hockey teams would be a boost to hockey overall on the west coast.
For hockey fans EVERYWHERE that's a good thing.

Vicki Price
Concussion Free Zone
at violentcontact.net