From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 22:27:53 -0400
Thanks for all who entered. My
intent with contest 3 (before I let it get
away from me) was to set something up that didn't
totally rely on picking winners. Although it didn't
turn out that way this year, I wanted it set up
so that someone who picked the correct scores
would still be in the contest even if they didn't
pick the winning teams.

I'm not sure I really accomplished that but I
think that I'm on the right track. I just may need
to raise the points given for picking the right scores and
lower it for picking the winning team. That would make one of
the contests more interesting across the 2 weekends
even if you blew out picking the winners the first weekend.

If anyone is interested in hearing the details of what
contests 3a and 3b really turned out to be, let me know
and I'll explain. Also, I used Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets
for the whole thing so if anyone is interested in seeing the
details, contact me and I'll send you a copy.

If anybody has any ideas for different contests next year,
throw out some suggestions on the list. After all, the season
is over, the list administrators relax the rules of discussion
a little bit and in a few weeks or so,
the UNH and Maine fans may get tired of fighting about who was
REALLY better!!

Of course, I might not be able to do the contests next year.
I may be too busy following RPI when THEY make their run at the
National Championship NEXT YEAR :-) :-) :-)

Mark Lewin
RPI '69