From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 14:43:45 -0500
On Wed, 27 May 1998, (No Name Available) wrote:

> also be interesting to know if there are many Canadians playing US lacrosse.
> Certainly there is nothing (in lacrosse) like the Junior A/B systems which
> college hockey coaches are increasingly expecting a year or two of
> experience in before a S/A moves up to the college level.

There are a good number of Canadians playing lacrosse in the NC$$. Box
lacrosse (lacrosse played in a hockey rink, with the same number of
players) is quite popular in Southern Ontario and parts of British
Columbia, and that is where most lacrosse players in Canada start to play.
There is also more field lacrosse being played.

As opposed to hockey, lacrosse is a very regional sport in Canada.

The Gait brothers (who led Syracuse to its titles in the late 80s) are
from my home town. [College Hockey Content: Mark Kosick, a Michigan freshman
last year, is too.]

> yes,  I believe we can!   It comes out like:  "Todd Krygier",  UConn
> alumnus,  who got the OT game-winner night before last for the Cap's against
> Buffalo!!

Does that make him a "woof god"? :-P

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards - Carleton (Ont) '96, Manitoba '00 - [log in to unmask]
          Let me get right on that, with thinking. - Officer Barbrady