From:
Mike Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:48:34 -0500
TodNielson wrote:

> What the heck is the so-called Clarkson Rule?

As I understand it - the "Clarkson Rule" has to do with the fact
that Clarkson won both the ECAC regular season & tournament titles
in 1991, yet got a very poor seed (had to play defending champ
Wisconsin and then #1 in the nation LSSU).  The "Clarkson Rule" is
that any team that wins both the RS and tourney is guaranteed an
automatic bye.  I'm not sure if that's an official rule or an
unofficial rule.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

-Mike (Clarkson '91 - Let's go Tech!)
--
Mike Kahn                                                        ____
Ascend Communications Inc.                                      | /\ |