From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:47:30 -0600
> Ben Flickinger wrote:
>
> > I am not saying that (although it would be nice), but I also think the WCHA
> > owes us more than what they're giving us right now, which is dead silence
> > since Tech decided to stay.

[reformated for clarity]

> And exactly what do you want the WCHA to say?

I agree with that.

>                                                We've gone over all the
> reasons why they aren't going to go ahead and invite you right now.

I think it is reasonable for the WCHA to talk with UNO, and I expect that
they will, probably at the coaches meetings this spring.

>                  What else do you want them to tell you?  Like it
> or not, UNO is only going to join the WCHA by following the same rules
> and procedures that everyone else has.

Unless the league changes the rules and procedures. They aren't set in
stone, but changing them is a delicate process. Maybe they will, maybe
they won't.

>                                         If UNO can't live with that,
> than by all means, join the CCHA.  I still think that that's not a
> bright move, but it's up to you guys.

But is isn't up to J. Michael Neal to tell you that on behalf of anyone
except himself.

I agree with the second half -- I think UNO should (and probably will)
end up in the WCHA.

I think this topic has been beaten to death. How long until the next
face off?

        --david