Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:44:48 -0600
Eric J. Burton wrote:

>         I want to know who is saying this, is the league, or is it
> comming out on the Internet on places like USCHO. I think this is just
> bar room talk. I would say that the WCHA will probably let in one or two
> more teams but I doubt there will be any more than that.

Then we're going to have to find somewhere else to put teams.  It seems to me
that Div II hockey is in the process of folding up its tent, particularly out
here in the west.  I believe I read that the city of Bemidji has funds for a
civic center in the bonding bill before the legislature, the one currently
being held up over the issue of state funding for the new arena for the Wild.
(Is it just me, or would anyone else have preferred a team name that was
actually a noun?)  If so, this is probably the first step in going D1.

J. Michael Neal