From:
David Morgenstern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:09:32 -0500
To:   HOCKEY-L
Campus sites for regionals would be ok, but I think predetermined sites
would be better than top seeds as hosts.  Let's say Merrimack were to be a
regional number 1.  Who would want a regional there?  (and before I get
reamed by Merrimack people, I live 10 minutes from Volpe and would be
there, but let's be realistic).  Or even BU?  I love BU, hope they win it
all this year, but is 4 thousand seats at Walter Brown going to cut it for
a 4 team regional?  If the sites were picked in advance, like they are now,
then the teams with adequate facilities could get the regionals and the
ones without, would have one more reason to get one. (anyone in North
Andover listening?)

Another question though, is it better to have a full house in a 7 thousand
seat arena, or a half empty house in a 20 thousand seat arena?  Personally
I prefer the 7K if I am one of the people on the inside.  But if I am one
of the 3 thousand that couldn't fit inside, I would be pretty disappointed.

Dave

ps.  If there is anything worse than a two game total goals series, it is
counting the goals in one game more than in the other game!