From:
GEWilliams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
GEWilliams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:21:09 EST
In a message dated 3/24/98 20:37:09, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<

October 25th, 1997 Michigan State 4 Michigan 2

What?  MSU beating Michigan in Yost???  How can the Wolverines let this

happen?

November 11th, 1997  Northern Michigan 1 Michigan 0

This was Michigan first goal-less game in nearly three years.

Michigan’s awesome offense shut out?

December 28th, 1997 Michigan State 5 Michigan 3

Hold on, Michigan lost the GLI to the Spartans at Yost West???  Nine

year run is over?

February 21st, 1998 Michigan State 4 Michigan 1

Once again, Michigan losing at the Joe?

March 3rd, 1998   Notre Dame 4 Michigan 2

Whoa!  Michigan lost to Notre Dame?  At home?  In the playoffs?

March 15th, 1997   Michigan wins three game series at home against Notre

Dame, but Michigan only lead in the three games for 14 minutes.

March 29th, 1998  Michigan again loses to Ohio State in the Joe due to

fluke goals let in by Turco.

What does all this mean?  Michigan can be beaten.  They can be beaten at

the Joe, and at Yost.  Look, if Michigan let MSU beat them four times

this season, what does that tell you?  Michigan’s so called “home ice

advantaged” isn’t much of one.  Michigan fans have the stupidest chants,

the most bandwagon fans, and one of the worst buildings in the country.

Even with all that help, Michigan still loses, and loses the big games.

This game will be a good game, but the fact is North Dakota is better.

Much better.  North Dakota has most of that years's NCAA championship

team..  Michigan may score first, or Turco will make a save we will hear

about for a week, but I don’t think that will be enough.  Michigan is

done making National Title runs for a while.  A lot of Michigan streaks

ended this season.  We know that, and the Michigan team certainly knows

that!  Michigan will fall to North Dakota, but Michigan will make it

look good.

Derek’s Pick: North Dakota 3 Michigan 2>>

For all that hand waving and loud talk from a top that soap box on how bad
Michigan is I would have thought you were going to predict a 9-1 score.  With
lines like 'so called home ice advantage... ND is better, MUCH better...
Michigan is done...  All the scores touting MSU's superiority, all those
sentences,, and your conclusion of 3-2?  Doesn't seem like much of an assing
to me.

Jerry

Michigan '93