From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:04:57 -0500
At 10:08 PM 3/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> First, just as a "point of information" (gawd, that sounds formal), I think
>> Rensselaer is the host school. At least that's what I gather from a
mailing I
>> received regarding East Regional tickets, with a big RPI Puckman
plastered on
>> the front.

You are correct. Officially, RPI is the host school. As a matter of fact,
RPI's radio station (WRPI) will be broadcasting all 4 eastern regional
games over the airwaves and over the internet.

However, there are a LOT of Clarkson alumni in the Albany area and a lot
of people travel down from Potsdam for the games against RPI and Union
during the regular season. With RPI absent from the tournament, it
seems likely that Clarkson will have the biggest contingent in Albany.

Also, being the only ECAC team in the eastern regionals, it's likely they
will be the local favorite.

But, you can never tell how many people will show up from UNH.
They had a crowd here last time. BU has a solid contingent also
but they won't show up until Sunday.

And then there's the cheeseheads.