From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:59:29 -0500
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Jeremy D Hall wrote:

> As someone who has seen Murley play with the Junior Crunch, let me just
> say that he's about the best player in that league.  He should make the
> transition to the college game easily; the Metro Junior "A" league is a
> lot more physical than the college game, so his speed & skill will help
> him even more at RPI.
>
> Just one warning:  don't expect him to stay 4 years.  One, maybe two is
> all he may stay there (or so a recent article in the _Syracuse
> Post-Standard_ implied).

I have heard the same thing.  Today a father on one prominent recruit of
the author's alma mater remarked that Murley's father is being coy about
Murley enrolling this fall at RPI.  Murley is apparently entertaining
thoughts about declaring in for the NHL draft and turning pro.  Again this
is conjecture at this point, or maybe just talk to get the NHL scouts
interested.  Engineer fans will of course keep their fingers crossed.
Brian Morris                     RPI Engineers--On to Next Season