From:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:07:51 -0600
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Nathan Eric Hampton wrote:
> Erik Biever wrote:
> > The Sin-Bin sez:
> > >         Dean Blais hammered Doug Woog last week in the Grand Forks Herald by
> > > saying that the Gophers were making excuses for their bad draw during the
> > > NCAA selection last year and instead of preparing for their destiny with
> > > Michigan spent their time complaining about their draw. Dean Blais felt his
> > > team could have beaten them last year.That is an example of the two
> > > different coaching styles of two former Golden Gopher hockey players.
> >
> > Hmm, the difference being that only one of them bashes his fellow
> > coaches in the local press?  :-)
> > -- Erik
> >

> No, the difference is only one (Blais) has won a National Championship. (So have
> Sauer and Comley since Woog's been at Minnesota).Only one (Woog) has been
> suspended by the WCHA for punching a referee during the WCHA playoffs.

Excuuuuusssseeee me!  Woog DID NOT punch a referee!  Get YOUR facts
straight Nathan.  As I remember, Woog "bumped" the referee and was also
seen giving the choke sign while on the ice...and THAT was why he was
suspended.

> Only one (Woog) has been suspended by his school for taking a player's
> scholarship and then attempting to buy his silence by leaving $500 in a hat under
> his (Woog's) desk.
> Sorry if the truth hurts, but only one (Blais) of these two coaches has any
> class.
> Nathan Eric Hampton

And as for no National Championship in the last 13 years....it took BU at
least that many years to repeat and the same with Michigan!

How many of Sauer's and Comley's teams went to the big dance year after
year after year. Consistency is worth something to the true Gopher fans.

-Carol
GO GO Gophers!!!