From:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:03:14 -0500
On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 21:22:05 -0500 "Cheryl A. Morris"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>>From the T-U:
>"Matt Murley...is the crown jewel" (insert hype here)  "Murley, who
>plays
>for the Syracuse Junior Crunch, led the Metro Toronto Junior Hockey
>League
>in scoring with 56 goals and 70 assists during the regular season.
>...At
>midseason, Murley was ranked as the 72nd best prospect in North
>America by
>the NHL's Central Scouting Buireau.  His standing may improve when the
>next rankings are released."
>
>"One NHL scout said Murley arguably is the best incoming freshman in
>the
>country."  (Please not another Bryan Massotta.)

As someone who has seen Murley play with the Junior Crunch, let me just
say that he's about the best player in that league.  He should make the
transition to the college game easily; the Metro Junior "A" league is a
lot more physical than the college game, so his speed & skill will help
him even more at RPI.

Just one warning:  don't expect him to stay 4 years.  One, maybe two is
all he may stay there (or so a recent article in the _Syracuse
Post-Standard_ implied).

Jeremy Hall
Clarkson '91
LET'S GO TECH!!!  IT'S TOURNEY TIME!!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]