From:
Derek Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Derek Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 23:08:12 -0500
The kind folks at USA Today is working overtime tonight correcting the
brackets.  They had accidently set the brackets up wrong, but the
problem will be quickly solved.  Anyways, here are the barckets as I
understand them.

5W Yale vs. 4W Ohio State play March 27th, 5pm at Yost Arena
1W Michigan State plays the winner of the above mentioned on March 28th,
6:00pm

6E Colorado College vs 3E Clarkson play March 28th, noon at Pepsi Arena
2E Boston College plays the winner of the above mentioned on March 29th,
5:30pm

Now the two teams here that move on are in the Final Four, and they
would play each other.  If the top seeds advance, then it would be (and
I'm saying IF folks so no hate e-mail please) 1W MSU against 2E Boston
College in Boston's FleetCenter.

Now, the bottom part of the bracket...

5E New Hampshire vs. 4E Wisconsin play March 28th, 3pm at Pepsi Arena
1E Boston University plays the winner of the above mentioned on March
29th, 5:30pm

6W Princeton vs. 3W Michigan play March 27th, 8:30 pm at Yost Arena
2W North Dakota plays the winner of the above mentioned on March 28th,
9pm

Okay, now the two teams that advance here are also in the Final Four and
they play each other.  Once again, assuming that top seeds advance (see
above hate-mail disclaimer) we would have 1E play 2W for a chance in the
finals.

Now, again assuming top seeds advance, we would them have 1W play 1E in
the finals.

So we could have:
Yale vs Princeton in the finals
MSU vs. Michigan in the finals (this, folks, would KILL ME.  My heart
would not be able to take it)
MSU vs. North Dakota
Clarkson vs. Boston U
you folks get the idea....

Now, I am going to get wild and crazy here and make a prediction.
Please note the hate-mail disclaimer stated twice above.

Final Four:
four teams, two from the west, two from the east.
Final Two:
two of the above four.
Winner:
either one of the two teams, or the other.
Score:  winner will have at least one more goal than the loser.

Folks, that you can bet on!

Derek Gordon