From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:13:55 -0500
At 15:20 03/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have one question for all of you that are losing sleep over Lake Champlain
>being rightfully being named a Great Lake...What is it about your exclusive
>club that is so unique and special that Lake Champlain's membership has struck
>a nerve usually reserved for the NCAA and officials?

I live in Nebraska, so speaking as a 3rd party, Lake Champlain sure as hell
ain't one of the great lakes. No matter what the politicians say, HOMES will
always work for me. Just because it was formed by glaciers doesn't mean it's
a great lake. Thousands of lakes have been formed by glaciers, but only 5 of
them are the great lakes. (sarcasm alert)If Lake Champlain is a great lake,
then Omaha is one of the great cities of America, up there with Chicago, New
York City, and LA, or probably a better analogy, that Pauly Shore be
considered a great comedian.

BTW, here's your own question right back at you, with one word changed. Why
do you care so much about Lake Champlain wrongfully being named a great lake?