From:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:26:05 -0500
Hoping to improve on my 2 for 5 performance last week.  If it doesn't get
better, I'll stick with roundball.

Play in Game:  Cornell defeats Princeton
* Cornell with Elliot is a formidable opponent, a little too much for
Princeton's offense.  Cornell is a team on a mission (besides I've already
picked against Princeton twice (b-ball and hockey) and lost, why not the
trifecta).

Semifinals:  The Early Game - Yale defeats Cornell
* Yale got a scare from SLU, and the Bulldogs won't be able to roll over the
Big Red either.  However, Cornell will tire in the third and in OT, allowing
Yale to score and advance.

Semifinals:  The Late Game - Clarkson defeats Harvard
* The Crimson have their best squad since the days of Tripp and Aaron, but the
Knights match up well against them.  Clarkson has rolled in both Harvard games
this year, expect a closer game, but still expect the Knights to win.  This
game will be extremely chippy, since neither team can make the Big Show, no
matter how impressive the win.

Finals:  The Consolation Final - Harvard defeats Cornell
* Cornell is physically exhausted come Saturday as is Harvard after fighting
the Knights.  Harvard's the team with a little more fuel in the tank.

Finals:  The Championship Final - Clarkson defeats Yale
* If anyone has a doubt Clarkson is on a roll, WAKE UP!  The Knights will blow
off the Lake Placid jinx and come through with a victory over the Bulldogs,
securing the first round bye in the Big Show and look forward to a rematch with
the Eagles of Boston College (oops, now I'm not only predicting brackets, but
NC$$ games before they're even played).

If anyone is betting on these games, after my last peroformance, I'd suggest
you pick the exact opposite :-)

Dan Olsen
Clarkson '96