From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:58:09 -0500
I believe it was Todd Nielson who had the list of predictions (sorry I did
not save the message)...but I just wanted to put in my couple cents about
the SLU/Yale reasoning

It was said that SLU's #10 offense would be no match for Yale's defense and
Westlund...I have to disagree with that one...it is very true that the
Saint offense was 10th across the span of the season statistically...but as
with any statistics they can be deceptive;) and can tend to wipe out recent
trends that are important...

If one looks at just the last 8 games SLU has played, the offense is
*hot*....the season average is 2.55 goals/game...but in the last 8 this
number is 3.5 goals/game...over that span the offense would be ranked as
the 4th best in the ECAC just behind Yale at 3.73 goals/game...

The more likely problem I would see for the Saints is stopping Yale from
scoring...across the season SLU has an average 3.14 goals
allowed/game...but in the last 8 that number has skyrocketed to a terrible
3.8 goals allowed/game...When going against the #3 offense in the ECAC I
think a problem could arise...It arose in the last Yale/SLU game at
Appleton...SLU didn't have all that much trouble scoring, but quite a bit
of trouble stopping Yale's attack (allowing 7)...

Anyway, I will not gripe with your predicted outcome because I have no clue
and think predictions are silly;)  But I do think the reasoning at least
could be a bit off:)

Kevin Todd
SLU '96
VLS '00