From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 21:40:09 -0500
What a weekend for the Mavericks of Nebraska-Omaha. After getting their
first real butt-kicking of the year on Friday night by a final of 11-0, UNO
rebounded to defeat the Black Bears by a final of 4-3, on Maine's senior
night, no less. Whether Maine thought it'd be another easy win or UNO
adjusted to Maines speed, something made this game almost the exact opposite
of last night's blowout.

UNO was down 3-2 heading into the third, where they got 2 to win it. Vic
Sharma got the Game Winner. Jason mitchell stopped a barrage of shots,
especially after the Mavs pulled ahead 4-3.

UNO improves to 12-17-2 on the year (10-17-0 in Div I play), and is 7-1-2 in
their last 10 games.

UNO's final series will be this Thursday and Friday against Mankato St. at
"the Bullpen" that is the Civic Auditorium.

Someone else should have the box score soon,
Ben F.
U!N!O! U!N!O!

P.S. I still can't believe we won after that 11-0 blowout last night. WOW!