From:
Josh Kleinbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Josh Kleinbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:15:52 -0500
Turco will not start the game, and will likely not play at all.  He has not
been officially suspended, and he may dress for the game, but in all
likelihood, he will not see any playing time.  apparantly, he skipped a
couple of classes.  for more info, you could read the michigan daily's
article at
http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/1998/feb/02-18-98/sports/sports3.html.

                                        -Josh

At 01:42 PM 2/18/98 -0500, Bret Marr wrote:
>what's this i hear that marty turco, goalie for UMich and winningest
>goalie in NCAA history, has been suspended for one game, this Friday's
>MSU game in East Lansing.  Apparently he missed a class or two, as
>described in teh Lansing State Journal.  Anything additional info out
>there or perhaps a confirmation?
>
>Bret Marr
>East Lansing, MI
>
>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
>[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

"We're not Eastern Michigan University, but we're close."

-slogan seen on billboard for Washtenaw Community College