From:
Kirk Eisenbeis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kirk Eisenbeis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:45:05 -0600
I like the idea of fish, gophers, hats, sieves, brooms, etc. being thrown on
the ice, within reason, of course.  Fun, harmless, clean, traditional.  Aaron
Lindman's original post made it sound like the UND ice was covered like the
Florida Panther's rat thing.  It wasn't _that_ bad, although throwing garbage
(in particular pop cups, spilling liquid on the ice) is downright wrong.

My second problem with the my fellow UND fans' ice-litter is when stuff is
thrown at the opposing team during handshakes.  It didn't happen this year,
but I think this happened after the Gophers' series last year.

Yeah, Aaron, I agree that it was a little cruel to throw the live gopher out
there.  He was stunned and didn't move for 10 seconds, then his limbs slowly
came to life and he looked all right, although probably a little disoriented.

Kirk