From:
"Brett C. Harvey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett C. Harvey
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 07:03:17 -0600
Thomas Rowe says -

>Well, I didn't share my thoughts with anyone, so you just have to trust
>me on this - The weekend results were only mildly surprising to me.  I
>didn't think the Gophers would blow out the Badgers 7-0, but a sweep
>doesn't surprise me.  The Gophers are not as bad as some people would
>like to make out, and the Badgers have a long history of choking in
>Minn.

We also have to consider that Wisconsin was without it's top Goalie.  How
much of a difference it would have made is unknown but obviously he
wouldn't be their number one if someone didn't think he was better.

>In the long run, I don't think the Badgers will lose in the first round
>this year - might even make it to the final where I would expect to meet
>ND.  But I sure hope we don't play Minn in the first round of the
>playoffs.

That happening would take Wisconsin to choke further or the gophers to
revert back to not getting the bounces.   I'l predict a Minnesota-Minnesota
Duluth first round with UMD having the scheduling advantage and getting
home.

Brett C. Harvey