From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J. Burton
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:00:35 -0600
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Carol S White wrote:

> Well, *I* would mind if they left!!!  After all, Michigan Tech brings
> with it, to whatever league they participate in, the Mac Naughton Cup
> Trophy. Which just happens to be *the* finest hockey trophy I have ever
> seen...puts the Stanley Cup to shame.

        The Trophy will be missed but players joking about breaking
other players hands is not good. Savage should be suspended for even
making the suggestion. This is not good sportmanship. These tactics are
instincts they are learned from coaches. P.S. I am not a Minnesota Fan
but the players from MTU are not being funny by doing things like that.
NCAA want to promote good sports this is thuggary. Woog has a right to
complain here...

        Eric J. Burton
        The "Fan"
        1997-98 WCHA Fighting Sioux Hockey
        1997-98 Boston Bruins Hockey Team
        Denver Broncos Super Bowl Champs XXXII
        NHL Hockey the Coolest Game on the Planet