From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 10:33:24 -0400
> no, actually the "after the season" polls are less accurate than the
> pre season polls sinmce the "pre-season" polls take place AFTER the
> summer when we sort of know who turned pro and who really went where.

No, actually, the after the season "opinions" are less accurate than any
after the season poll, since with a poll at least you get several people's
useless opinion, and as interests cancel you regress to a copy of last
year's final ranking.  The single person opinions we have seen do not even
enjoy the benefit of that canceling.

Not even close to hockey content:  Harvard beat UCLA in the baseball
playoffs.  Is it just me, or does anyone else get a slight smile whenever
any hockey school beats a jock factory in a major sport?  When Princeton
beat... UCLA, well how about that?.... in the Squeaks a few years ago, I
loved ever minute of it.

- Greg

"I hate quotations.  Tell me what you know."  -- Emerson