From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 12:18:26 -0500
>>> Joel Mack <[log in to unmask]> 03/17/97 11:20am >>>
>>> Just got my "Send us your down payment" letter from Nebraska-Omaha and I
>>> have a question for y'all:
>>>
>>> Do other schools charge you for the right to purchase priority seating?
>>> According to this letter, I have to pony up an additional $1000 beyond
>>> the cost of 4 tickets in order to have the best chance at the rinkside
>>> seats I stood in line for 8 months ago.  The letter goes on to explain
>>> that if I elect not to spend the extra $, I will be assigned my seats
>>> based on my reservation # AFTER all the Joe Moneybags who reserved on the
>>> last day of sale have been seated before me.  So much for treating the
>>> early supporters well...
>>>
>>> Is this a common practice among Div I schools, or is UNO just playing
>>> "gouge the college hockey-starved consumer"?

Well, not in Lowell, Joel! We're moving into our brand new on-campus
6000+ seat arena this fall and season ticket holders have received word
that they'll be admitted to the opening one hour early in order to
select their seats. Also, the season ticket price is the same as it was
last year at the old Tully Forum ... namely $117.00 per seat for 18 games
or so. Not too shabby, eh?

Of course, with so many college hockey programs in this whereabouts ...
you could hardly consider us "hockey-starved".

- Paul.