From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 17:52:20 -0400
At 5:17 PM -0400 3/16/97, Mike Machnik wrote:
> Still, as I said, I'd like to know why Miami is 3W ahead of Cornell (and
> presumably home team for their game).  That is my biggest and probably my
> only question.

Here it is.  I am told that the committee said that Miami got the edge in
the Miami-Cornell bracket because of the higher RPI.  In fact, Miami wins
the head-to-head comparison with Cornell, 3-2, and also has the higher RPI.
(I also note that in each of the four first round matchups, the team
designated as the higher seed and thus the home team, also won the
head-to-head comparison and had a higher RPI.)

Looks like all questions are answered.  On to the games.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****   (Part-Time) Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM    *****