From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 22:57:13 -0500
At 01:34 AM 3/10/97 GMT, Jayson Moy wrote:

>Let me be one to sing the praises of Union College.  These guys are
>one talented bunch of players, and as much of a team as I have ever
>seen, especially in the word team.

And a classy bunch of human beings. They apparently got screwed
out of the tying goal in the first period of Friday's game,
outplayed RPI decisively for most of Friday and controlled
the game a good portion of Saturday, played their hearts out
and yet came up short both games. The record books will show
RPI sweeping Union two straight in the playoffs but the books
don't tell half the story. Yet, after all that, there were no
cheap shots at the end of the game when the game was decided,
no high sticks, no extra shoves and no visible frustration
although the disappointment was apparent. My hats off to each
and every member of that team. That is what I think hockey  should be
about.  And I believe that kind of work ethic and sportsmanship
is instilled by the attitude behind the bench which is yet another
reason Stan Moore should get coach of the year.
Mark Lewin
Rensselaer (formerly RPI)
Class of '69