From:
"Robert D. Flint" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert D. Flint
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 09:47:13 -0500
I've heard from my brother that in the recent past there have been
discussions about a new league forming.  Admittidly this is playoff season
(GO RED) and that's on every's mind, but as a student at a Div3 school it is
of the utmost importance to me.  I'm at Hamilton College, a pretty good D3
hokcye school, and I was looking at the various leagues.  Hamilton, in most
sports, plays in the UCAA (Upstate Collegiate Athletic Assosiation)  with
such prestigiuos D1 Hockey schools as RPI, Union, Clarkson, and St.
Lawrence.  Now to me, it seams this would be a great place to start a new
league.  If these schools broke from the ECAC (wouldn't be the first league)
and formed this new league with D1 potentials like Hamilton and RIT, and
included schools that have been looking for a league, like Niagra,  there
would be some good older teams in the league that would guarentee that it
would be considered a "real" league and not just a bunch of D3 schools
trying to act big.  From my perspective it seems good (then again, I'm at a
D3 school)  Anyways, that's just my .02

            -Rob Flint

Visit me on the web @  http://nemo.hamilton.edu/personal/rflint/

"It's also like my kind of idealized romantic relationship.  It's two smart
people in a room, arguing something when each one has a valid point.  It's
like good dinner-party conversation.  It's what makes me feel alive - and
good about myself.  And I think there's too little of it in most of our
lives and particularly in romantic situations."
                                -Chris Carter