From:
Charles Wilrycx <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Wilrycx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:21:03 -0400
Brilliance goes both ways.  I dreaded the Princeton-Brown match-up this
year, of all years as my esteemed friends from Tigertown were headed to
Providence to watch the Tigers mangle the Bears.  Obviously it didn't
happen.  My good Bengal buddies (P'94,P'95) couldn't believe how bad a
hockey was game before their eyes.  These are the same two folk who came
into town to watch Cornell beat up on Brown in what was one of the best
contests I've seen at Meehan this season.  Cahoon had other things on his
mind (like how he got that shiner).

>Lest we let Luiz get away with his moronic, non-sensical drivel once again -- I
>will make my one and only comment about this issue.
>and I hate myself for it.

        Point 1. Then perhaps you should just end it for yourself.

>You are a damn fool who just won't give up.  You watch Princeton games with
>such blinders it is sadly fascinating.  I challenge ANYBODY in the United
>States of America to watch an ECAC game in which Princeton is in, and compare
>it to ANY other team in the league, especially Brown, and tell me if they are
>"clutching and grabbing" any more than anyone else.  Don't believe me -- let's
>ask everyone else.

        Would somebody please take this kid up on his offer, lets go you
Yalies and
        Harvardians, where the hell are you guys?

>The Brown fans' fascination with this "clutch and grab" term, borders on the
>pathological.

        Yes it seems we all collectively feel that PRinceton is the
epicenter of the
        phenom. known as C+G.

>I'm not about to get into another pissing match because Bob Gaudet is a great
>guy and a good coach --

        Your first and only correct assesment

You are so clueless about this topic it makes my head spin.

        refer to Point 1.

>I have purposefully avoided this kind of argument this year --- but I can
>resist no longer.

        Who have you been arguing with, voices in your head?

>I hope everyone else understands that Luiz must be stopped.

        censorship sucks Wodon.

>Small being the appropriate term here.

        cute! petty but cute.

>Who leads the league in Penalty Minutes, by the way? --- AGAIN!!

        Your point?

>Ignorance may be bliss -- but for you, it's just ignorance.  But Luiz -- why
>trust me -- find a fan from each team in the ECAC -- someone who sees all the
>games -- ask them which style they find more distasteful -- Brown's or
>Princeton's.

        Survey says?????

>You say you thought Princeton had it's best team in years.  Well, that was
>about their worst game of the season. That's what it takes for Brown to win
>this year.

        So when they [Princeton] are off their game, they resort to what
they know
        best? yes?

>> The four teams currently tied for first (Cornell, RPI, Clarkson and
>> Vermont) are unquestionably the four best teams in the league. I
>> particularly like Cornell, with Clarkson a close second. Both Cornell and
>> Clarkson play the way the game is supposed to be played, combining a
>> creative, go-to-the-net offense with a  physical, no-nonsense defense.
>
>And of course, they never "clutch and grab"

        To which Princeton has made art......