From:
Greyhound <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greyhound <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 10:34:58 -0500
<<
P.S. -- Can you please throw this question out to the hockey-L discussion pool:

   How can it be that the highest ranked team in the "Around the
Rinks/USCHO" poll (12/2/96) from the ECAC is only 1 point out of last place
in the conference?

This refers I guess to Vermont.  The answer I gave him would be that a
number of ECAC teams have shown flashes of brilliance with little
consistency (thinking here, in rough order, of: RPI, Yale, Clarkson,
Dartmouth, Princeton, Cornell).  Several of them were really prepped or up
for the games versus highly ranked teams (Vermont, BU) but the polls reflect
the teams effort and potential as a whole.  Further, defensive teams and
physical teams that can smother the top line of those two teams, especially
UVM's connection, fared well.

        Anyone?

        Shallee