From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason W. Roy
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 21:18:43 -0600
I was back home in Ontario this weekned for a little moose hunting and
some hockey....I watched 11 hockey games between thursday evening and
Monday.  This was all possible due to the fact that we own a DSS. We
actually paid 1700$ for it and then the prices started to drop. They are
a now about $400 and you get a free years programming---great deal...The
11 games consisted of college hockey, the IHL and the NHL...... I watched
the North Dakoka / Minnesota series, until the 3rd period of the second
game. My Mom informed me that Woog kissed Casey Hankinson's mask after
his hat-trick----> I think I'm gonna Puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In my
opinion UND outplayed the gophers friday, but still lost.....and Saturday
the Gophers played better and still won......but, UND is for real--->
They are very good even though they got swept on the road....I was very
impressed by the UND fore-check.....they used there speed to force steals
and also made the gophers make a few bad passes whick led to
turnovers....On the Other had--the gophers never impress me...They have a
good program.....I just can't stomach them..........especially Woog!!!!!
Nothing personal------>eh?  ---Oh ya Jason Blake, I watched him play in
the USHL---I think he played for Waterloo?  Kraft played well for the
gophers along with Crowely and Hankinson, but none of the highly touted
gopher rookies impressed me.

CCHA--- I watched Ferris state play Bowling Green.....I think it was
Ferris State's first win ----They really impressed me holding off the
Falcon pressure late in the game.

I also watched the Leafs loose to Philly on SUnday night and seen Potvin
and Hetall toss them.....I thought Potvin was going to getkilled....but
it was a pretty  even fight......I'm giving the victory to Potvin because
he actually gave Hexy a big cut above his eye.

Fox - Rocky Mountain sucks-----> DU/CCwent off the air after the first
period
in my veiwing area---maybe it was because of the storm......Too bad they
don't show every DU friday home game like Prime did......leave to FOX to
 *uck up-hockey......first the glow puck, then proposing the NHL to play
4 quarters,  now this........Maybe thats why Fox is at Best only 1/2 a
network.

NHL Providers......
Michigan Tech - Damian Rhodes, Tim Watters, Randy Mckay too name a few or
maybe all of them...I 'm sure their is More....oh ya Jim Storm etc....I
think maybe the Mickesh brothers father might have ---i know he played
for Tech --not sure about the NHL.....oh ya ---one of the Esposito bros.
did as well....I think it was Tony.....

I think....although I'm not sure......the Peterbourough Petes boast the
best for Quantity and Quality providing the NHL with players........I
used to know a lot more but here's a few.....Mike RICCI, CHRIS PRONGER, I
just forgot the other guys names ( I had 2 more).....oh we'll if anyone
one can help me out----Oh ya Jamie Langenbrunner for Dallas ----and I
think maybe Todd Harvey(not sure on the last one)..........and many more...

---after all the talk of lack of content on Hockey-L----I return home
from a 4 day weekend with 193 message ( although I have info-l as well)...

---No I didn't get to shoot a Moose this weekend---i have a Calf tag. I
actually seen a Cow moose....but looks like somebody already got her
Calve's....

       JASON ROY                   *     *                CBC's
 UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA             *   *         HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA
[log in to unmask]             * *         "The Tradition Continues"
         GO 21                        *
   GO TECH / GO CANADA               * *              Molson Canadian
        GO STARS                    *   *
      GO BILL BERG               ***     ***         The Tragically Hip
    A loose puck doesn't know who's....BigGeR, StRoNger, or DrAfTed hIgheR.
                       BUT IT KNOWS WHO GETS THERE FIRST.       (Bauer CANADA)