From:
paula weston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
paula weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 16:55:03 -0400
Christopher H. Morgan recently wrote:

"Didn't playing extra games against OSU 'Cost' BG an NCAA tourney birth in
1995 by lowering their oponents winning percentage?  I suppose it is
possible that OSU will have another good year next season, but I
wouldn't count on it.  I will laugh long and hard at BG if they are the
'13th' team again in '97."

It's nice to see that Mr. Morgan knows so much about Ohio State hockey that
he can predict the future.  While it's true that OSU is losing both of its
outstanding goaltenders, their recruited goaltender, Thomas Connerty, may
just be all that and a bag of chips.  You have to have faith in a coach
(Bill McKenzie) who had the brains to recruit both Tom Askey and Kurt Brown.

It was nice to see the CCHA bring home the national championship, even if it
resides at a very deserving hockey program whose fans are notoriously
arrogant.  If I recall correctly, the OSU team tied those National Champion
Wolverines not once, but twice last season, once in--gasp--Yost!  OSU is a
team of talented, hard-working players who play the game to win.  Next
season, the team will be even more improved, and they will still be playing
to win.

No one can dispute the excellence of this Michigan hockey team; they had a
great season, were a lot of fun to watch, and made the national championship
game a true joy to see.  The Buckeyes may provide quite a few surprises next
season.  Who knows--perhaps they'll finally break that 20+ non-winning
streak against Michigan (not a losing streak--remember, they tied twice last
season).

God, I miss the hockey season already.

Paula C. Weston
Girl Reporter