From:
Kurt Stutt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 00:38:22 +0000
Reminder to some people on this list:

The United States of America is a nation where people are free to do
as they wish.

Who are we to judge whether Jay Pandolfo, Reid Simonton, or
anyone else is right or wrong for leaving school before they finish
their degree?

Hell, why don't we judge everyone on where they go to start their
collegiate careers?  Did Pandolfo make a good move going to BU?
Is that really the best place to attend for liberal arts?  Was he hurt
by going to Burlington High School and not a better known prep school?

Then we'll start EDUC-Hockey-l, a new list whose entire purpose is to
examine the educational careers of collegiate hockey players and
decide whether they're doing what is appropriate for their lives.
Because we on Hockey-l know best!!

From personal experience, I know a BS doesn't guarantee anything.
All my degree got me was the right to spend more money in graduate
school.  I've never held a job that required anything beyond a high
school diploma, if that.  So I envy these guys who have a chance to
work at something they like and get paid well for it.  Not everyone
gets to do that.

Frankly, I preferred the "All Referees Suck" thread to this one.  At
least that thread didn't try to infringe on personal liberties.

------
Kurt Stutt        [log in to unmask]          Troy, New York

WRPI Sports:  http://www.rpi.edu/~stuttk/wrpispts.html
College Hockey Historical Archives:  http://www.rpi.edu/~stuttk/hockey.html