From:
Thomas Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 11:24:34 -0500
And, as an almost neutral observer, I want to add one more comment on the
final:  No matter who you rooted for or whether you were happy or sad at the
outcome, you had to like it that it was a) decided in OT and b) the winning
goal was clear-cut (i.e., no controversy).

I second all the other comments on what a great game this was.  And forthe
Michigan fan who thought UM played "terrible" in the second period, let me
assure you they were not terrible.  Give CC some credit here.  There was ebb
and flow to the game, but, like the score indicated, not a whole lot to choose
between the teams.  A really superb matchup!

Finally, notice no one is calling CC a "Cinderella" team.  After all, they
were highly ranked from the start.  But I wonder what squeekball affecionados
would do with a college as small as CC putting a team in the final four?
Hockey is truly a unique sport.

Tom Rowe                           Internet:  [log in to unmask]
                                   http://www.uwsp.edu/acad/psych/tr/home1.htm
U. of Wisconsin - Stevens Point          Home of Division III National
     Go Point!                           Champions '89, '90, '91, & '93