Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:20:12 EST
As I have documented before, it appears I have a curse
associated with anything I write here, and The Curse reared
its head yesterday when both BU and UVM were defeated only
a day after I backed them to reach the final.  Therefore,
as much as I like Coach Lucia, I am going to have to support
him in tomorrow's final because it is Michigan's turn to win.
:->

Michigan reminds me a lot of Maine in the late 80's and
early 90's - always near the top, but not able to get it done
in the tournament.  In 1993 we beat them on the way to
the title (in what should have been the championship game
IMHO) and I think this is the year Michigan finally
gets it done.

Hmm.  I have now written paragraphs which support both teams.
This of course means that the pipe will break again, flood
the ice surface and the tournament will be cancelled.

From the replay and reaction of Keith Olbermann on Sports Center
(and since when is Olbermann a hockey guy?  I guess he needs
a new sport after picking the Bronx chapter of the Betty Ford
Clinic to win the AL East)it seems the refs made an error.
But, even if they had gone to the videotape, it probably wouldn't
have been "conclusive" and the goal would have stood anyway.
As someone previously posted, its hard enough to see the puck
in super slow motion, the zebras deserve some credit for
following the puck at all.  Despite the difficulty, I hope
that the folks at ESPN aren't going to start using Court-TV
blue dots like Fox.

No matter who wins tomorrow I hope its a better game than we've seen
the past two years so ESPN will have some incentive to show more
games next season.  A classic like our game with LSSU in 1993
would be just fine, in case the Hockey Gods are listening... :->

John Forsyth

T-minus 67 days and counting...