From:
John MacKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John MacKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:07:51 -0500
After that less than thrilling beanpot (oh vey, it still hurts), I have
decided to post my annual question of the year.

If what Rick Comley says is true about the ability to ship any non bye
team anywhere depending on criteria including potential drawing power,
then riddle me this...

Will there be a big enough crowd at Munn if MSU is shipped to Albany?
In other words, if Michigan waxes MSU and either BGSU/LSSU beat them in
the consolations, would the committee put MSU as a #5W seed in Albany,
or will they instead make them a #5E seed and ship them to Munn as a
visitor to play either Minnesota or CC (whoever doesnt get the bye) in
round 1?

I agree with GM Finniss that Bronco high will get a field trip to
Albany, as might BGSU depending on what happens at the Joe.  I just
wonder if they decide to stack MSU in the west, will that make for a
more  competitive bracket than in Albany (where I am going).

If anyone could shed some light, Id be appreciative.

John.