From:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 17:07:00 CST
I'd like to add my thoughts regarding this unexpected, yet not suprising,
development.  I can understand NMU's thoughts when it comes to name
recognition in Michigan, travel costs, especially with newer teams possibly
joining the WCHA in the future.  And I would expect Tech to go with them.

Having UAF then join the WCHA would make perfect sense, allowing for
home/home series in Alaska between those rivals, and it may make travel for
the Alaska teams and the rest of the WCHA easier, with travel buddies, etc.

I would like to see UIC join the WCHA then.  We would need another team to
fill a spot, and they are so close to Madison, that it could create an
almost instant rivalry.  Does anyone in the CCHA have any thoughts regarding
UIC coming over to the WCHA?

Yours,

Terry E. Tuschen Jr.

University of Wisconsin-Madison                   WISCONSIN BADGERS
Space Science and Engineering            NCAA DIV. 1 Mens Ice Hockey Champions
McIDAS Archive                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 1997?
(608) 265-5577                                      ON WISCONSIN!
[log in to unmask]                           "A great day for hockey!"