From:
"Kevin B. Powers" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin B. Powers
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:27:49 -0500

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Mike Parsons wrote:

>    Jade Kersey's skate caught in a rut as he was being bumped.  He had a
> clean break of the Fibula and torn ligaments in both his ankle and knee.
> He will NOT be playing again this season, and to suggest that he walked
> back into the dressing room is quite insane.

I would like to assure Mike Parsons and the members of the list, that I have
never been hosipalized mental illness, and I did not mean to suggest that
Kersey actually walked.  I did note that he was on crutches (If you
prefer, he hobbled away on his crutches), but after seeing him carried
off the ice, and the description of his injury, I was surprised to see
him in warm-ups watching the game, and not on his way to the hospital.
Does this answer the question, was that Kersey watching from next to the
penalty box for a few minutes?

I know that the fans (myself included) who gave Kersey a warm round of
applause as he got of the ice, and another round of applause as he left
the ice for the locker room, wish him the best and a full and speedy
recovery.

KP