From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 04:35:20 -0400
My unofficial BU hockey web site is once again online.

THANK YOU

I wish to thank everyone who wrote to me in support of my site. I
never expected that my site would become important to anyone other
than myself, so your support for me and this site is appreciated very
much. I began this site a year ago because I could not find one for BU
sports (I finally found the alumni sports site last summer) and I
thought the Terriers should have one for all sports, but especially
hockey. That my time and effort in creating and maintaining the site
is appreciated by so many others makes it truly worthwhile for me.

I also wish to thank everyone who contacted people at Boston
University because this site is important to you. Because of all your
messages the athletic department was made aware of your support for
this site, and that it is appreciated by Terrier fans and alumni
unable to find information from other sources. Because of this, the
athletic department and I have been able to come to an understanding
from which I think we both will be able to benefit.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

I have not yet been able to get the past month's game information on
the site. There are some links on several pages which are intended to
go to those pages, so if you try them, you will likely get messages
stating they are not on the server. I hope to have all the individual
game information up and available over the weekend. I apologize for
the delay, and any inconvenience it may cause.

All statistics, game results and league standings are up-to-date and
available.

A REQUEST

As I mentioned in November, the BU athletic department does not want
me to use the official flying BU Terrier logo, or any official logo,
on my site. I did ask, and am currently able to use the Terrier hockey
logo which is on the stats and other pages. However, as much as I like
the logo, I do not wish to overuse it, so I would like to make a
request to those who are artistically gifted.

I would appreciate a logo designed just for this site which could be
used on the main page and/or other pages. I can not guarantee that I
would use any logos which might be offered, but I would be very
grateful and appreciative of any and all logos offered for my
consideration. If I like, and wish to use a logo, I can not offer any
form of payment, however, I would be sure to properly credit the
designer for their work creating it.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html
The Bedford Flag:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/flag.html
But I Digress:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/bid.html