From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 10:55:21 -0700
On Sat, 30 Dec 1995 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Another disturbing footnote is the sponsorship of the tournament.  Now I am
> not nieve (sp) to the fact that sponsorship money greatly contributes to the
> running of this tournament, however there are more ads  on the boards than
> people in the stands.  I think that there should have been more emphasis on
> getting people out to the venues,than making money.  Hindsight is 20/20, but
> there was a reason for this tournament coming to Massachusetts.  This area is
> supposed to be a hockey hot bed, but if this is the type of support that can
> be expected, we may never host the tournament (or one like it) again...

It is probably fair to say that the sponsors want people in the stands to
read their ads.  If attendence doesn't pick up, Massachusetts does not
*deserve* to host this tournament again.  As I said in a prior post, I'm
not sure people realize what they are missing, which is great hockey.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
GO CANADA!!!