From:
"James D. Solomon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1991 16:41:05 -0600
In message <[log in to unmask]> ,
	Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> What are the leagues that aren't great?  I don't think anyone can justify
> saying that any of them aren't great, so why say that the CCHA is one of the
> great leagues?

I think you're reacting to an unfortunate choice of words.  I don't
think he was implying that there are some good divisions and some bad
ones ... I think his mouth was just a little bit in front of his brain.

> Personally, I think that any of the four DivI conferences are run a whole
> lot better than the NHL is.

You've said a mouthful there, I couldn't agree with you more.  I'm a
former NHL nut who has all but lost interest in professional hockey.
On the contrary, I saw my first UW Badger hockey game this weekend in
over four years and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the fact that it was
only a modestly exciting game.  Keep those Badger postings comin' Dave P.

BTW:  Any word on [injured Badger] Doug MacDonald?

Regards,
--
Jim Solomon ([log in to unmask])