From:
John Feigal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1991 16:42:23 CDT
>         This concerns us very much and I am curious as to how games are
> going out East, the CCHA and the independants..

Minnesota has not played a home game yet, so I am interested to see
how things go next Saturday against St. Cloud.  At Gopher games I work
for the University Ticket Office as the liaison with the officials
and the teams informing them as to when they should be coming up to the
ice (both before the games and in between periods.)
Games start at 7:05 (sometimes a couple of minutes later due to
TV).  Last year games ended anywhere from 9:30 to 10:00 (2 hours 25 minutes
to 2 hours 55 minutes).  Lengths of games varied due to TV, between period
promotions, ice conditions, injuries, number of penalties, icings, etc.
I am looking forward to the pregame meeting between the off-ice and
on-ice officials to hear the on-ice officials explanations of how things
will be handled this year.  If I was a betting person, I would expect
Ron Foyt (supervisor of WCHA officials) to be on hand on Saturday.
If anything of special interest comes up I will post it next week.

--
John J. Feigal                       phone: (612) 638-7834
NCR Network Products Group           email: [log in to unmask]